Monday, June 20, 2011

Old and New

I have so many things I want to post, but I'll just keep the minimum to three. So, I've been thinking about creating a short comic, maybe less than 20 pages. I have never made an actual comic before, even though that's the kind of career I want. I know it seems far fetched, but it's not like I plan to become the next Scott Pilgrim :P It's not like I can't do other illustrating jobs and commisions and things like that. Anyway, that's what I think. Here is an old illustation I did in 2009, I touched it up a bit, but I think it's pretty good, especially since it was from 2 years ago.  Click to see full size!
Here's a color collaboration with my friend Lily :) Here's a link to her deviantart http://squidperson.deviantart.com/  I did: the sketch, skin, gloves, quiver, arrows. She did: hair, boots, coat, bow.
For this picture I wanted to try a more simplistic kind of shading, trying to show the closest parts and the deepest parts of the face. I really like curly hair too, haha.

Tomorrow I'll probably post some of my finished illustrations.

No comments: